Customer Care Associate
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Care AssociateApply Requisition Number R-88158
As a Call Center Customer Care Associate, you’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work; as you handle inbound and outbound phone calls with our external customers, agents, and funeral homes. Other tasks will include document handling, prepare files for processing, mailing, policy maintenance, and other correspondence processing. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. In this role, you will be part of a team which excels at critical thinking and quality customer service.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (70-80 per day)
- Review, research, and analyze policy paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing.
- Communicate through correspondence with team members, customers, and funeral homes regarding policy updates, maintenance, or other required information using clear, simple language to ensure one call resolution.
- Processes paperwork.
- Research and process policy maintenance situations, returned mail, and other opportunities to put your critical thinking skills to use.
- Complete various internet searches.
- Collaborate with leaders and coworkers through team meetings, company activities, and other means.
- Attend required training.
- Can adjust to new and changing business needs.
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong phone and computer skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to resolve the case.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- Self Motivated
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic insurance knowledge helpful but not necessary
A Call Center Customer Care Associate you will be part of the Assurant Care department which is made up of approximately 35-37 team members. The Assurant Care Department operates under the Preneed Division of Assurant, which is pre-funded funeral arrangements. This department is responsible for inbound/outbound phone calls, policy maintenance, correspondence mailing, and overall customer service for English speaking and Spanish speaking customers. This team is led by two Supervisors who report to the Department Manager.
We recognize our most valuable asset is our employees. As we continue to grow we are looking for individuals that will help us provide the best customer experience and support a thriving business. We provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm MT, with different shift times within our hours of operation. It may be necessary and/or optional, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.