Data Engineering InternApply Location Anytown, Georgia Requisition Number R-88593
Data Engineering Software Intern, Assurant Global Data Analytics
Assurant is seeking Computer Science or Engineering undergraduates, graduates and PHD’s to join the ‘Data Engineering’ team under its Global Data Analytics organization for its internship program.
What We Bring to you:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Workplace flexibility and an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of positive coaching and mindful mentoring.
- Assurant’s culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Impact You'll Make:
- Help continue to build hyperscale data engineering platform
- Implement data centric web applications to implement Machine Learning and AI solutions
- Assist with development and deployment of ‘Data as a Service’
- Create user process documentations and operational instruction material.
What You'll Bring:
- Undergraduate, Graduate or PHD in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data toolsets and the ability to apply them
- Strong problem solving, conceptualization, and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Platforms such as: Microsoft Azure (preferred), Amazon Wes Services, Google Cloud Platform or any other.
- Knowledge or Experience as full-stack application developer: backend database, web services, and UI
- Knowledge or Experience on distributed data platforms, like Spark (highly preferred), Hadoop, and HBase
- Proficiency in Python or Java, and working knowledge in one or more languages, such as .Net, C#, SQL, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, PowerShell
- Expertise designing and building Data APIs and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with containerization in Docker and hosting platform such as Kubernetes
- Implement data centric web applications through operationalization of Machine Learning and AI solutions
- Commitment: Minimum 20 hours per week; Preferably 40 hours per week
- This is a paid internship and most often applicable for university credits
- OPT and CPT Candidates are welcome to apply
- This is a remote position
Work Locations: Miami, FL-USA, or Anywhere in the US
Organization: Assurant – Global Data Analytics
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.