Product Management Intern - Pocket GeekApply Location Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89266
Assurant is seeking a Product Management Intern with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
This position is in the Pocket Geek Product Line Management group. We manage the lifecycle of the Pocket Geek line of apps, which enhance the value of Assurant’s mobile and home protection products and enable Personal Tech Pro, Assurant’s industry-leading support service. As an intern in our group you will support the Product Managers and deepen your knowledge of the craft of Product Management.
As an intern on our team, you would be involved in a wide variety of projects, just like we are as Product Managers. Types of projects that our interns work on include:
- Competitive Analysis – helping us craft our product roadmap by researching our competitors’ products and finding areas for improvement
- Product Planning – helping our PMs with our Agile development process, writing user stories, participating in Agile ceremonies, tracking and reporting on progress
- Product Communications – helping to shape presentations to management and our internal and external (B2B2C) customer base, helping PMs report on KPIs using app analytics and business intelligence
- Market Research – working together with Assurant’s Market Research team to field surveys and synthesize/interpret 3rd party research to drive strategic product decisions
- Product Marketing – assist our Product Marketing Director to develop marketing strategies and tactics for the Pocket Geek line of apps and services
- Drafting documents, spreadsheets and presentations
*This is a remote position
- This position is ideally targeted at students currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Ability to operate a Windows or Mac computer
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to use the Internet to find information related to assigned work
- Familiarity with smartphones – Android and/or iOS, from a user and consumer perspective
- General business knowledge from previous coursework or work
- General work experience is helpful but not required.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.