Senior Global Threat SpecialistApply Location Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-90039
The Senior Global Threat Specialist is responsible for security intelligence analysis within the Assurant Crisis Management and Corporate Security teams. The role reports up through the Vice President of Business Resiliency, who reports directly to the Global Head of Risk.
The Senior Global Threat Specialist will monitor the Internet, social media, news, and third-party vendor platform sources. Additionally, this person will provide warnings and guidance on threats such as pandemic impacts, criminal or terrorist activities, geopolitical crises, weather-related emergencies, and natural disasters affecting our people, facilities, and operations worldwide to support the Business Resiliency VP’s vision. This role will have extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities directly related to physical and personnel security, social media and open-source data exploitation, threat analysis, and reporting.
The candidate will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, producing, and disseminating timely, relevant, and accurate information that aids in protecting both the brand, safety, and security of company personnel, global assets, and Assurant operations. Additionally, this position will be leading the migration from Anvil Travel Risk Management’s service to International SOS Assistance and then OnSolve Mass Communication, and ServiceNow Vendor Management. The Senior Global Threat Specialist will stay on top of current trends and develop long term plans for the success of each tool and product implementation and user adoption.
- This role will conduct research in the field to understand stakeholders needs and needs and issues and find innovative planning solutions for a potential crisis.
- Ability to be flexible in communicating with all levels in an organization, including working with senior management to create decision advantage, while strictly adhering to established analytic standards of being objective, accurate, timely, relevant, and actionable.
- Maintain situational awareness of the safety and security of our people, executives, facilities, and operations.
- Proactively identify and assess potential threats and incidents and determine their impact to our company.
- Provide senior management with the information they need to combat those threats through analysis and assessments.
- Coordinate travel security operations, including advising international travelers on security issues across the region.
- Determine the value, significance and relevance of information developed.
- Produce concise, written analysis and visual presentations on findings.
- Analyze and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Provides global health, safety, and security advise to Assurant travelers and leadership prior to departure
- Help develop a culture where safety, security, and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Assurant.
- Help us continually identify, evaluate, and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders with the information they need to make critical decisions.
- Use publicly available sources to research and evaluate risk based on potential threats or concerns to Assurant, its people, property, and ideas.
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate accurate and timely global intelligence to support action plans based on impact, credibility, and likelihood.
- Assess risk to Assurant’s people, property, and ideas based on ongoing events.
- Help inform protocols and practices to assess and mitigate threats and potential risks to Assurant. Coordinate with security counterparts to make risk-based recommendations about posture and resource allocation.
- Author assessments about potential operational and strategic threats or concerns to Assurant and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop a collaborative environment with key partners at Assurant and build relationships with public sector counterparts and other relevant organizations.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytic skills.
- Outstanding communication, attention to details, time-management, organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, juggling concurrent tasks and meeting daily deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Ability to work independently with efficiency and flexibility.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, product-driven work environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in homeland security, intelligence analysis, criminal justice, political science, emergency or crisis management, security or intelligence studies or other security-related discipline.
- Education can be substituted for military or law enforcement experience, or other relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in physical and/or personnel security.
- Prior experience in intelligence and/or threat analysis.
- Prior experience in crisis and/or incident management.
This is a remote position
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.