Data Analytics Intern - Supply Chain ManagementApply Location Lewisville, Texas Additional Locations: York,Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-89367
For 35 years, Assurant has been there to protect consumer finances, possessions, and peace of mind. Today, Assurant is a global leader in keeping consumers connected to their digital lives. With operations in 24 locations and 13 countries, the company’s global team of over 5,000 employees are dedicated to delivering the best customer-service experience anywhere in the world. That’s why industry-leading mobile carriers, manufacturers, retailers, financial institutions, vehicle dealers and funeral homes choose to partner with Assurant. From mobile devices to major appliances, from cars to computers, Assurant helps protect what matters most. Visit us at assurant.com, follow us on Twitter @AssurantMatters or like us on Facebook.
Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. We are seeking a Data Analytics Intern to join our Lewisville, TX/York, PA team this summer! The intern will assist our team to strengthen the Analytics Value Chain by collecting the right data, providing comprehensive analysis and insights that lead to sound business decisions and concrete actions which realize value for our clients and our business.
- Assist the Team by performing data collection, data analysis, digital analysis and reporting of key measurements
- Assist with analyzing and developing innovative new and/or existing process changes
- Manage data through various reporting tools for data analysis to support various projects
- Research new technologies and abilities that enable a data-driven culture
- Participate in brainstorming sessions in the development of new solutions
With this opportunity, the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhance skill sets and competencies that will make them better prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Improve Critical Thinking Skills
- Strengthen Problem Solving Skills
- Enhance usage of Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Increase hands-on experience in SQL, SQL Server, SaaS, SharePoint, Microsoft Workspaces and more
- Ability to conduct a business presentation and recommend a course of action based on research and supported by data
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and best practices
- Ability to draw insights from data set that are actionable for the business
- This position will be remote
- Enrolled full-time in college (carrying 12 or more undergraduate credits, or 9 or more graduate credits) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- Completed first year of a two-year associates degree program or a four-year bachelor's degree program.
- Be in good academic standing (as defined by a GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- 2 years of strong Excel and SSRS experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Organized and able to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Possess a positive outlook, viewing challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Competently handle ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in SQL Server, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, Power BI; knowledge of data management/warehousing and Power BI are highly desired
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.