General Manager, Repair & LogisticsApply Location Lewisville, Texas Requisition Number 56673
The General Manager, Reverse Logistics is responsible for the Lewisville Operation. This includes reverse logistics, forward logistics, warehousing, fulfillment, transportation, and testing services. The General Manager is accountable for the P&L. This role requires a strong leader who can drive and manage performance measured by the P&L, quality, and metrics. The position also requires an individual who is able to manage policies and procedures that ensure an efficient, customer focused, high performing logistics business.
The General Manager will work with other leaders to develop,
communicate, and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems,
processes, and drive towards financial and operational growth targets.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures
- Develop and formulate long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Responsible for the financial management of the P&L for the Lewisville facility
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulate manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Drive process discipline and continuous improvement across the manufacturing organization.
- Ensure operational excellence in all facets of manufacturing production and forward and reverse logistics liquidation.
- Generate, implement and execute strategies to effectively manage the overall quality control of various activities with regards to product manufacturing.
- Maintain a high level of customer service with internal and external customers and ensure that processes and procedures are accountable and transparent and include all required information and documentation.
- Work across departments in support of seamless operation to develop common requirements and business processes.
- Develop processes and tools for the collection, flow and use of quantitative and qualitative data for informed decision making at all levels.
- Oversee the development and implementation of evaluation and monitoring of warehousing, logistics and distribution supply chain network. Ensure the business and regulatory requirements are being met.
- Directs the safeguarding of warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Oversee development of guidelines and training modules.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of Assurant.
Basic Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Logistics or related field
- 15 years senior level supply chain management experience
- 7+ years in production or manufacturing with P&L responsibilities
- 10 years managing teams with demonstrated ability to implement manufacturing and production strategies
- 5% Travel
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role in strategic manufacturing with wireless industry experience
- Advanced process design and engineering skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage the P&L of a multi-million dollar business
- Proven ability to build and manage team of individuals in the Supply Chain space
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experienced managing within a rapidly changing, high intensity business environment
- Effective communications skills leveraged internally and with external clients
- Proven ability to develop and communicate complex concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Project development and completion skills
- Strategic planning and financial projection skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.