AccountantApply Location Lewisville, Texas Requisition Number 57578
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Accountant!
This individual will be responsible for accounting operations at the Lewisville site including month close, general ledger, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and related accounts reconciliations /controls. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial transactions
- UDAK (User Defined Accounting Key) corrections (GL account, primary, cost center, project allocations, etc.)
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department
- Increased focus on internal program cost allocations and reporting
- Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Ownership of phone inventory value (receipts, sales, adjustments at IMEI level, etc.)
- Own Labor Capitalization Accounting
- Own Parts Accrual Accounting
- Own Excess and Obsolescence parts calculation and control documentation including maintaining evidence of review and approval.
- Own the month/quarter/year end close process
- Prepare and distribute monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet flux reports to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Balance Sheet Creation
- Complete accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Blackline Reconciliations with appropriate backup
- Identify, communicate and correct errors
- Prepare and distribute Inventory Roll Forward to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Accounting for new Cost Centers:
- Analyze and track charges allocated to current & new CCs
- Request and ensure cost centers are created
- Launching of New Programs:
- Develop, define and implement accounting processes once approved by upper management
- Ownership of phone inventory value (receipts, sales, adjustments at IMEI level etc.)
- Accounting and Tracking Requirements
- Payment Process
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls
- Constant communication with supervisor and escalate any issues
- Safeguard the assets of the company
- Business Control Process Documentation
- Participate in Quarterly Morning Meetings (Accounting and Close Calls)
- Implement on new ERP system coming in 2019
- Other projects as needed
- Ability to apply US GAAP and revenue recognition principles
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process
- Must have a solid understanding of GAAP financial accounting
- Experience in relational databases such as Access or Cognos
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Great Plains
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Experience in Blackline Reconciliations
- Strong analytical skills
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate among peers as well as upper management
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.