Process Engineer InternApply Location Lewisville, Texas Requisition Number R-89338
Assurant is seeking a Process Engineer Intern for the Lewisville, TX facility
We are seeking a Process Engineering Intern at our Lewisville, TX location to come join our team this summer! Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. They will assist our Process Engineers with designing, developing and analyze processes as well as create process control documents to support all production manufacturing functions
- Perform time studies to establish process baselines and participate in improvement initiatives.
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) for purpose of editing, revising, and creating production documentation.
- Collaborate with the Process Engineers and Facilities to enhance layout designs to maximize throughput, yields, and quality.
- Working with Production to ensure that standard work practices are being performed according to our work instructions.
- In this opportunity the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhanced skill sets, and competencies that will make them more prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Exposure to shop floor manufacturing systems (Oracle, CVision)
- 1 year completed of undergraduate and currently enrolled in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related program of study and Masters program candidates also considered
- 2 years of strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills
- Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Sustains a positive outlook and views challenges as opportunities
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.