VP - Global Supply Chain Controller (Mobile Operations)Apply Location Lewisville, Texas Additional Locations: Atlanta,Georgia; Miami,Florida; New York,New York; York,Pennsylvania; York,Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-87363
This position is a senior leader in the Global Accounting organization and is responsible for leading the global accounting team supporting the worldwide AMS/logistics & fulfillment areas.It oversees the maintenance of financial records and preparation of financial reports ensuring appropriate accounting for inventory and financial statement balances. Analyzes and interprets cost, budget, policies and profit opportunity trends and presents findings and recommendations to leadership. Establishesglobal direction for appropriate accounting measures for inventory valuation/control, customer billing, internal chargebacks and budgeting. Establishes procedures and internal controls to ensure accurate accounting and reporting as well as compliance with all relevant local government and industry legislation and regulations. Leverages skills, experience, and expertise to implement best/leading practices in areas of responsibility. Oversees teams in our global AMS Logistics accounting & billing operations areas.Creates functional strategies and specific objectives and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Leverages deep knowledge of inventory accounting, revenue recognition and related systems and controls to support these activities. Works closely with business, operations and Finance team around the world to ensure accurate financial information is provided.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- The VP/Controller Global AMS Logistics will be a forward-looking financial reporting, process, controls, and system technology leader who can think strategically and globally, anticipate future consequences and trends, set priorities and make critical decisions to drive operational effectiveness and efficiencies that impact the day to day accounting operations and control environment for the Global AMS/Logistics and Fulfillment organizations
- Provide financial direction and consultancy to AMS Logistics leadership management teams across the organization and provide proactive unsolicited analysis, interpretation and advisory of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders pertinent to making key business decisions
- Monitor and implement internal controls in conjunction with corporate policies as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, identify and manage financial risks
- Partner with business areas on strategic projects and contract negotiations to help maximize Assurant’s business value and ensure the terms and conditions achieve the optimal economic and financial result.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders from business, operations and finance to discuss financial results and appropriate measures for new and/or changing business and/or regulatory requirements
- Serve on segment finance leadership team; coach, mentor and train team members and collaborate with peers to develop and maintain high-performance teams
- Ensure proper accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as local statutory requirements
- Responsible for the oversight of all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory, and Cost Accounting
- Manage month-end closing and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Maintain accurate and compliant inventory and cost accounting in fast moving inventory environment
- Oversee cross-functional physical/cycle counts as required in accordance to corporate guidelines
- Point of contact with internal and external auditors, coordinating the preparation of requested documentation and support of various audits
- Remain current on changes in accounting policy, assess their impact and takes the appropriate actions to timely and accurately implement changes, as appropriate
- Partner with Assurant Accounting Policy resources to ensure compliance with and adherence to corporate standards
- Participate as an engaged change agent leader to sponsor business and system design, process, controls and training for systems projects and other automation/process improvement initiatives to drive efficiency, controls, automation and analytics.
- Key stakeholder supporting all system implementations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engage and work closely with the ERP/Financial Systems Strategy project and other Finance and Accounting process and systems improvement initiatives, as applicable.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent area of study
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred
- 15 years prior financial accounting and management experience in a manufacturing/ logistics environment
- Strong cost accounting background required
- Prior experience in managing global teams
- Prior experience with ERP implementations and ongoing use is required (Oracle specific a plus)
- Strong change management acumen
- Strong influencing and facilitating in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and across departments
- Adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis and projections
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Understanding and experience with international regulatory reporting a plus
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in handling and effectively prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents and assess their impact
- Ability to respond effectively to requests from business partners and senior management
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels within the organization
- Previous experience on transformation projects a plus
Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.