AccountantApply Requisition Number 53022
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant!
The Accountant provides accurate and timely financial information to internal/external customers, Segment and Corporate management, and to regulatory agencies on behalf of Segment and Corporate management. The position serves as subject matter expert in the interpretation and application of broad areas of accounting theory, exercises influence to drive results in the accomplishment of goals, and plays a role in enhancing existing processes by identifying alternative solutions and assisting with implementation efforts. The accountant is familiar with a variety of process concepts, best practices and procedures.
Position will cultivate a continuous improvement culture, promote ongoing learning and exhibit a high level of engagement in a fast paced F&A shared services environment. The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Shared Service strategy and execution by applying knowledge and experience.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely accounting deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulation.
- Is considered a technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures, and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Collaborates with contributors and coworkers to identify, propose and implement approved issue resolution alternatives
- Suggests and supports the establishment of metrics/performance reporting. Monitors and improve key performance indicators
- Supports improvement of and compliance with internal controls including SOX and MAR
- Assist EBS management to help build EBS Brand. Identify and communicate areas of inconsistency, offer alternative solutions for improvement in quality and process
- Builds relationships throughout the organization and continually strives to identify ways in which areas of responsibility can assist the business and corporate segments to achieve their strategic goals
- Ability to work with other internal departments to resolve process or system issues
- Keeps up-to-date on latest functional, management and process trends to identify and implement best practices
- Understands strategy and is appropriately connected to strategy through operating goals and measurements
- Support strategic and work projects as appropriate
- Creates and maintains SOP’s related to reconciliation and/or other accounting functions
- Organize data and analyze reconciliation results via Blackline reports to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with business segments and stakeholders
- Committed to continuous learning and a continuous improvement culture
- Committed to developing best practice solutions
- Foster open communication and innovative thinking
- Support Transformational activities to align the EAS team
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting experience, insurance preferred
- 2+ years working in a shared services environment preferred
- CPA or CMA a plus
- Blackline a plus
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.