Accounting SupervisorApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56324
Operational Excellence 50-60%
- Is considered a leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources
- Ensures monthly, quarterly, and year-end activities are completed timely and effectively
- Develop and maintain relations with business segments, stakeholders, customers, and overseas partner
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Understands and supports an environment of effective controls within the department. Ensures all team members understand company and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, record retention, audit, etc.) and are continually verifying all their actions and processes to support Assurant’s values.
- Prioritize and manage workflow to ensure deliverable dates are met
- Ensures documentation of process and procedures is current and accurate
- Incorporates continuous process improvement mindset by being efficient and developing best practice solutions, as well as identifying savings opportunities
- Is a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, responsible for monitoring performance and quality metrics, resolving, improving, or escalating issue
Foster environment of engaged, action oriented team 20-30%
- Leads, coaches, develops, and evaluates staff members. Ensures that staff understands and supports their individual role and management’s role in the corporate performance and development processes
- Ensure job descriptions, annual performance process and individual development process are utilized to drive performance and behavior of the team
- Identify and support best practices and skill growth opportunities in functional areas to ensure effective ongoing training of staff
- Effectively deal with all performance issues in a timely manner, partnering with Management and Human Resources when needed
Strategic and Work Projects 20-30%
- Assists in building relationships throughout the organization and continually strives to identify ways in which areas of responsibility can assist the business and corporate segments to achieve their goals.
- Develops and secures approval for short- and long- term goals and plans for the functional areas.
- Keeps up-to-date on latest functional, management and process trends to identify and implement best practices.
- Ensures team understands strategy and is appropriately connected to strategy through operating goals and measurements.
- Ability to work with other internal departments to resolve process or system issues
- Develop effective relationships and information flows to maintain an awareness of strategic Corporate and business segment projects that impact functional areas.
- Lead and/or support strategic and work projects as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of general accounting experience including accounting systems and related control processes
- 2 – 4 years supervisory experience preferred
- 2+ years working in a shared services environment preferred
- CPA or CMA, preferred
- Understanding of variety of progressive accounting practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. MAR, SOX, audits)
- Problem analysis and resolution at a functional level
- Experience working and building effective relationships in a multi-site, multi-function environment with the complexities of meeting the diverse needs of multiple business lines
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizationalabilities with a high level of written and interpersonal communications skills in order to communicate effectively with various levels of management and staff personnel
- Commitment to company values and building AFS brand
- Ability to influence peers within AFS, segment and overseas partner (if applicable)
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.