Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster- Partial Remote ScheduleApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56764
We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for Inside Bodily Injury Liability Adjusters who are ready to step into our fast-paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader.
As an experienced Bodily Injury Liability Claims Adjuster, you will review injury claim information, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
Senior Bodily Injury Claims Adjusters take a leadership role in sharing their knowledge and experience and help mentor other Adjusters. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and be able to learn and adapt quickly to Assurant policies and procedures. They will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. In addition, they will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements.
Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth. We offer company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), discounted stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and many additional benefits.
May require working overtime and/or weekend hours.
An Adjuster’s license is required for states in which the Claims Adjuster performs their job. If you do not currently possess the appropriate license(s), Assurant will assist you in obtaining the license within a specified timeframe and cover any related expenses.
Bilingual Spanish and/or Creole is a plus.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with claimants or their representatives.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
- May be given the more challenging and complex claim activity.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of bodily injury liability claims handling experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.