Business Systems Analyst (Legal Systems)Apply Requisition Number 52951
You are a passionate Business Analyst - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
Our Enterprise Applications team is seeking a Business Analyst to support our Legal and Compliance applications. The Business Systems Analyst supports systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst contributes broad experience and a high level of expertise in business processes and system functionality. On project assignments of high risk and complexity, the position leads and directs activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and documentation.
- Maintains the customer relationship and acts as IT/vendor liaison during analysis, requirements definition and design activities; maintains and supports a broad range of business processes and related systems; provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions; collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives and use cases. Provides guidance to peers with less experience. (35%)
- Participates in the Project Management process; understands and applies the appropriate system development methodology; contributes to the creation of project deliverables including charter, cost benefit analysis, project schedule, risk, resource and financial plans; communicates status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other stakeholders; responsible for issue identification and resolution. (25%)
- Leads testing activities for maintenance and project assignments; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resources required; prepares and reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in moderate to complex testing efforts. (20%)
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications; analyzes and identifies resolutions for moderate to complex system problem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up. Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business process changes; maintains system support tables. (20%)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of progressive Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
- Experience supporting Legal or Compliance applications is a plus
- Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst Certification a plus.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.