Business Unit Systems Analyst IIIApply Requisition Number 52476
The Business Unit System Analyst III is responsible for providing expert system support for complex claims system problems/issues and handling projects that are complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives and impacting other areas. The Analyst’s primary role is to support the department’s systems and their interfaces, and the staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
Technical Expertise & Production Support: 15%
- Provide production assistance and support in multiple areas. Be the “go to” person/consultant for department’s applications and data.
- Train System Support Analysts on complex system changes, functions, and tables.
- Assist and provide guidance to peers or those with less experience within the analytical and/or project management area of job.
- Develop and implement Customer Service Level Standards.
Analysis/Solution Generation: 15%
- Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications and/or are impacted by our applications.
- Resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists.
- Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
- When possible, implement creative short-term fixes to overcome immediate operational issues while still focusing on long-term solution.
- Assess impact of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures.
- Independently research, report and implement business solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
Process Engineering: 10%
- Analyze complex processes, interfaces and sub-system problems for modification.
- Participate in new process def¬inition efforts, as requested.
- Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity.
- Identify checkpoints within business processes, metrics for process performance and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Comply with corporate and departmental policies.
Requirements Definition: 15%
- Interpret high-level business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
- Identify impacted functions and departments.
- Facilitate customer sessions and interviews to gather requirements using interviews, observations, document analysis, team meetings, white boards, business process descriptions, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Consolidate/combine ideas, issues and observations into a single concept or clear presentation.
- Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach.
- Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
- Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
Testing, Debugging, Test Management, Quality Assurant: 15%
- Determine testing requirements for complex projects involving cross-functional areas and sub-systems.
- Design and draft test plans for complex, large-scale projects.
- Manage development and execution of test plans throughout the project life cycle for large-scale projects.
- Act as Testing Coordinator, supplying project team members the details needed for them to complete their own testing assignments for the sub-systems and interfaces.
- Fully support established standards and testing guidelines.
- Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, with¬in estimates, and without errors.
- Timely retest and document the corrections made for defects.
Project Management: 15%
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project management principles established and approved by our Company.
- Participate as a team leader, project team member or individual contributor.
- Manage activities and projects of a complex nature with direction from sponsoring management.
- Handle multiple projects, concurrently.
- Develop plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
- Monitors progress of implementation schedules and redirects efforts when project goals are not being met.
- Anticipate problems, develop contingency plans, and recommend solutions for project issues.
- Participate in identifying specific financial savings, revenue increases or other financial impacts associated with work and development of cost/benefit analysis.
- Communicate with appropriate parties to successfully influence project scope, design, and outcomes and to successfully complete assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to lead/coordinate large projects (greater than 500 hours) independently.
- Design and facilitate change management programs to ensure effective implementation of change within the organization.
- Coordinate production implementation efforts with User community and IT.
- Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
- Provide support for the development of the User Documentation and Training material.
- Review training material with trainers and/or impacted associates.
- Post-implementation audits/reviews.
- Conduct Stealth Debriefs
Customer Liaison, Relationship Building, & Communications: 5%
- Build rapport and working relationships with associates from other departments and our business partners.
- Participate in management of customer expectations.
- Structure and compose written work products independently.
- Express verbal and written ideas effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Provide client support to higher profile clients as assigned.
- Create atmosphere conducive to success.
Professional Development: 5%
- Apply new knowledge rapidly.
- Continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
- Actively participate in knowledge exchange interdepartmentally and across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including databases, web based systems, Microsoft suite and Rational tools.
- Project Management certification or related business analysis certification, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 plus years business analysts experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform analytical and system support duties.
- Ability to learn new applications and equipment.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks, concurrently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently.
- Certification in one of the following: Green Belt, Business Analyst, and Project Management.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.