Catastrophe Modeling AnalystApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-86256
Assurant’s Exposure Management Team is looking for qualified candidate to join its team in South Miami!
As the Catastrophe Modeling Analyst at Assurant, you will be involved with all the catastrophe risk modeling to evaluate Assurant’s catastrophe exposure to support internal/external risk monitoring and reporting. The successful candidates will assist with the cat program placements, reinsurance cost allocation and the support of our internal view of risk. This also includes catastrophe exposure projection for plan and placement purposes, regulatory/rating agencies’ surveys/reports for various insurance legal entities.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and conduct catastrophe modeling activities for multiple lines of business
- Prepare exposure data for analysis
- Model complex property risk exposures using AIR, IF and/or RMS’s technology platforms
- Analyze changes in exposure and associated impact on modeled results
- Assist reinsurance purchase decision making via quantitative cost/risk analysis
- Use stochastic modeling software to generate alternative views of risk
- 3 years of catastrophe modeling experience with major catastrophe models, using RMS and/or AIR models and/or IF with in-depth knowledge of the underlying model methodologies and assumptions
- Practical experience with data analysis/clean-up/validation and proven analytical problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with ReMetrica and/ or other simulation platforms are critical
- Expertise of both insurance and reinsurance terminology and principals a must
- Expertise with SQL and automation through programming (e.g. VBA) as well as fluency with MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented major preferred.
- Experience managing projects and leading (or managing) others
- Understanding of programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, VBA, SAS, C++
- Data Visualization experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Industry designation such as ARe, ARM, CPCU, CCRA, CCM/CEEM, etc.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.