Claims AdjusterApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: United States Remote Requisition Number R-88159
The Claims Adjuster is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers when they have a claim against their insurance policy and/or membership program. The role includes acting as a customer advocate by setting expectations and guiding each client/customer through the claims process. The Claims Adjuster will review policy language, supporting documentation and other pertinent information to adjudicate and decision a claim in a timely manner, as required by both state and or company regulations. The role will determine covered loss by analyzing provisions of each specific policy/certificate or terms & conditions of the program in question; study documentation submitted; assemble additional information as required from outside sources; initiate and review investigation of questionable claims; and collaborate with other teams such as Legal, SIU, and business unit management, when appropriate.
This position will be a Work from Home opportunity through March 2021 as of now. Normally, this is an on-site position and will return to working at our Miami location sometime in the future.
Remote Work from Home opportunities available for out of state experienced claim adjusters with a 620 license.
Work schedules will be between the hours of 8 am and 7pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and you enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
What You Will Enjoy
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Shift differential for nights and weekend schedules
- Career advancement opportunities
- Provide superior service to our customers by listening, analyzing problems, and guiding them through the claims process.
- Use your expertise to proactively make recommendations that will help customers avoid future issues
- We are an environment that fosters growth and enables you to learn new aspects about our business, systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 620 Claims Adjuster License
- Flexible to work any schedule between hours of 8 am and 7 pm EST, Monday through Friday
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.”
What You Should Know About Us
- Our uncompromising values- Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking, and Uncommon Results guide the way we support our customers and how we work with one another
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We have over 125 years of experience innovating and adapting to the changing needs of our customers
Our Miami, FL office is located at 11222 Quail Roost Drive Miami, FL 33157
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.