Claims SupervisorApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-88117
The Supervisor Claims Customer Service is designed to assist the Call Center Manager in managing a team of 100+ Customer Service Representatives. As a supervisor for Assurant, your goal will be to create and foster a positive and productive work environment while ensuring our callers receive world-class customer service. You will use keen judgment when mentoring and coaching your agents and you'll give feedback in a way that will encourage them to become all they can be with Assurant and beyond!
This includes managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions and maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving agent call quality and accuracy in claims adjudication while improving the customer experience.
Work from home remotely temporarily due to Cov-19
- Provide daily direction and communication to team of up to15 Customer Care Professionals (CCP's) and/or Adjusters so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures, which includes reviewing CCP calls and providing evaluations for improvement/development.
- Provide guidance on ensuring correct decisioning is determined during claim adjudication.
- Provide ongoing coaching to any area needing improvement with CCP's and/or Adjusters
- Provide feedback to CCP's on audit corrections / updates needed.
- Train new CCP's and re-train tenured agents on new processes to improve the customer experience.
- Monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence.
- Monitor CCP call metrics and develop corrective action plan when necessary.
- Provide regularly scheduled one-on-one coaching with CCP's or Adjusters. Address escalated customers’ questions and concerns
- Ensure information flow of updates and changes to CCP's Implement plans for developing and motivating agents
- Establish creative ways to increase team performance
- Ensure efficient use of staff during peaks and down time
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of relevant experience within a contact center OR call center environment OR a customer service leadership role.
- Flexible to work any schedule around our 24/7, 365 days per year business operation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to encourage, coach, support, and provide necessary feedback to agents.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions, working under deadlines, creative thinking, making decisions based on incomplete information.
- Proficient computer skills are required as well as a willingness and aptitude for mastering new software
- The Claims Supervisor role necessitates tremendous attention to detail and demonstration of initiative and creativity.
- Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of leadership experience within a call center/contact center environment
Our Miami, FL office is located at 11222 Quail Roost Drive Miami, FL 33157
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.