Director Agile Product OwnerApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: Georgia; Atlanta,Georgia; Chicago,Illinois Requisition Number R-89618
As an Agile Product Owner Leader you will be responsible for how our Agile Product Ownership methodology is implemented, evolved, and executed. This is a leadership position that has direct authority over the processes and roles responsible for the delivery of some of Assurant’s key systems. You will play an important role in defining the roadmap for development processes and grow the people to help fulfill it. This is a remote position.
- Partner with Product Management leaders, Stakeholders, Operations Leadership, and IT leadership to ensure Product Backlogs represent accurate Prioritization and Scope.
- Ensure that Agile practices are followed by the Product Owner team to ensure delivery of business value and that solutions are appropriate for people, process and technology.
- Attract, hire, train, and lead a high-performing Product Owner team.
- Responsible for defining and execution of the onboarding process for new Agile Product Owners.
- Responsible for the retention, development, coaching, and performance management of both Business Product Owners and Technical Product Owners.
- Establish and refine cross-team collaboration processes, resolve issues, provide coaching and feedback and manage performance of development team members.
- Build a collaborative Agile community including partnering with IT and non-Operations Products Owners.
- Ensure team members have necessary tools and training to be effective in their delivery roles.
- Define, monitor, and enforce standards and promote pattern usage.
- Stay current in new Agile methodologies and practices and incorporate where value can be achieved.
- Report on practice metrics for consumption by Product Management, Operations Leadership, and Line of Business Leaders.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the Release Train teams and associated staff as it pertains to Agile concepts and deliverables.
- Partner with other Product Owner leaders to develop standard Agile processes and best practices.
- Manage budget and metrics to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery.
- Will oversee the Agile Product Owner Team and general Agile discipline responsible for the delivery of working software according to specification, including the following:
- Ensuring appropriate ceremonies, planning sessions and readouts.
- Driving of consistency across teams.
- Coaching, mentoring, and performance management of Product Owners and/or other Agile based roles.
- Will be responsible for individual cost centers and associated activities, such as, annual budgeting, resourcing and software licensing.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of in leadership roles managing technology delivery in an Agile environment.
- 3+ years of being in a hands-on Product Owner role.
- Stellar intrapersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Mastery of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to establish clear Priorities and Scope.
- Leadership experience throughout the software lifecycle.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.