Director, P&C Claims Field StaffApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56249
The Director, P&C Claims plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the provision of services in the area(s) of but not limited to, claim administration, adjudication, compliance, litigation and liability and corporate claims policy. Provides guidance and direction to the office (internal) and/or field (external) claims personnel.
***This position is not limited to one business unit; therefore, the scope of responsibility will be dependent on the needs and requirements of the specific business unit.
- Evaluates/implements new technology, tools and workflows to improve remote adjuster efficiency and improve the customer experience. Examples include Claims systems, Estimating Platforms, Video Inspection tools and other mobile adjusting technology/tools that enable on-site claim settlement.
- Lead or contribute on cross-functional teams in support of projects and programs of significant complexity and risk that will optimize Claims Operations.
- Identifies, plans and executes initiatives that distinguish Assurant from our competitors in areas such as customer experience, leveraging technology, analytics, data and AI. Explores new services, alternative workflows, revenue streams and products.
- Remains abreast of industry developments in the field(s) of claim/benefit delivery and new technology by pursuing self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers and reviewing relevant industry news and trend reports.
- Develops and fosters excellent relationships with clients. Collaborates with internal and external partners regarding the profitability of client's block of business (i.e. Underwriting, Sales & Marketing, Actuarial, Product Development, etc.)
- Establish strong communications throughout the organization to ensure alignment with Assurant and Claim Department vision. Establish strong relationships with Inside Staff Management and Adjusters to ensure both field and inside staff adjuster operational and production goals are congruent.
- Drive associate development by holding managers accountable for functional and leadership coaching and encouraging associate development planning. Build a superior Claims team by: a) assessing, developing and engaging outstanding talent; b) evaluating existing claims management and ensuring they are operating effectively, addressing technical and leadership gaps in performance; c) partnering with Human Resources to develop and execute a robust succession planning process and development plans for members of the Claims team.
- Coach and develop staff to maximize individual performance, build future organizational leadership, enhance collaboration and strengthen support of the Assurant’s values and strategies.
- Formulate policy for area(s) of responsibility and secure appropriate approvals. Develop and administer procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provide the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards and other quality assurance programs. Develop, implement and monitor claim department procedures for handling claims in accordance with Good Faith Claim handling procedures and statutes across multiple products/lines of business (Global Specialty/Global Home). Work with various business units to ensure proper implementation of claim procedures. May include new product lines under the Global Specialty & Global Home segments.
- Direct and coordinate catastrophe operations upon determining appropriate action to be taken. Provide key leadership in plans supporting catastrophe response readiness.
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges
- subordinate personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter.
- Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for area
- Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates
- subordinates according to such standards.
- Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate.
- Manage a budget, provide regular analysis and metrics of the department to the management as well as develop forecasts.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent; 5-7+ years insurance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7+ years of progressively more responsible experience in the area(s) managed.
- System development skills and advanced knowledge of technologies.
- Project management skills.
- Human resource policies and procedures; area-specific policies and procedures; high level of technical claims prowess; expert communication skills; significant industry knowledge.
- MBA or equivalent and/or related insurance designations (AIC, CPCU, etc.) are a plus.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.