Implementation ManagerApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56436
Assurant, Connected Living North America, is seeking an experienced Implementation Manager/ Technology Product Owner that will lead client and system implementations as well as the gathering and development of business and system requirements to support the mobile business.
As an Implementation Manager / Technology Product Owner, you will lead, direct and participate in the analysis of complex processes and procedures; drive the business to anticipate their needs; drive innovation to implement creative solutions from idealization through to delivery – ensuring that technology solutions pursued are aligned to business requirements.
As an Implementation Manager / Technology Product Owner, you will also understand business needs and priorities at a tactical and a strategic level, providing communication and coordination between the relevant business stakeholders and the application development teams. Your role is essential to owning the technology product and its features and capabilities, also ensuring that business priorities reflect the committed work of the development team. You will also be responsible for ensuring that desired business capabilities are reflected in the product developed to ensure the success of the business endeavor.
As part of the Technology Team, you will develop the technology feature and capabilities roadmap to ensure alignment of product development efforts with strategic business plans.
In this highly-collaborative role, you will partner with cross-functional teams including business, technology stakeholders and functional areas, to define business and systems requirements and ensure successful execution of all deliverables throughout the product development lifecycle for an assigned product, set of projects and/or initiatives.
Over time you will also be responsible for providing work direction, mentoring and managing a team of Business Analysts.
- Partnering with PMO to ensure all projects and/or initiatives are properly estimated and moving forward.
- Participating in product planning and product strategy sessions to help define overall product vision and feature needs.
- Establishing and maintaining a prioritized product backlog.
- Ensuring that business, functional and system requirements are well written and that there is clear communication and coordination of requirements with impacted stakeholders, clients and/or dependent application teams.
- Defining project and/or initiative scope (i.e. Epics, Feature Sets and User Stories).
- Participating in backlog refinement sessions and scrum ceremonies.
- Accepting user stories after completion by the scrum delivery team.
- Facilitating stakeholder demos.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with impacted stakeholders in preparation for release to production.
- Executing adoption and communications plan for product enhancements.
- Keeping management informed of progress and status of all assigned projects and/or initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, or another technology-focused field.
- 7+ years of progressive experience gathering and writing business requirement in an Information Technology environment.
- 5+ years of experience in managing moderate to high-complexity agile projects.
- Experience in Wireless (Cellphone Industry) or high-tech industry.
- Experience in writing requirements for Web based and Mobile Applications, Web Services based functionality and File Interfaces.
- Experience with managing projects through a software development lifecycle - Agile / Waterfall / Hybrid.
- Experience working in a complex project environment.
- Extensive cross-functional team participation and experience.
- Ability to operate and execute autonomously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to prepare concise presentations suitable for consumption by senior leadership.
- Requires ability to estimate, plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities.
- Requires ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Requires ability to analyze complex business and system problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including: project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
- Requires ability to be adaptable to a variety of project team roles.
- Must have a strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong analytical and fact-based decision-making skills.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills needed.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.