Internal AuditorApply Requisition Number 52979
Interested in bringing your internal audit skills to a collaborative team in a growing organization? Assurant has an opportunity for you to take your career to the next level!
The Internal Auditor is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. This position is designed to add value, improve operations and ensure compliance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, regulatory and legal requirements. He or she will complete all internal audit work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Participate in audit projects and work with teams under the direction of the Audit Manager assisting with the following:
- Definition of the audit scope, objectives and testing procedures through participation in walkthroughs and other activities (preparation of narratives, flowcharts and risk and controls matrix) designed to acquire working knowledge of the businesses under review and identify key risks and controls
- Execution and completion of the audit plan according to established schedules
- Preparation of audit findings/report and the subsequent follow up process to monitor adequate and timely completion of remediation plans
- Interaction with key business owners to gather information, resolve problems and communicate issues
- Coordination with SOX team to find synergies between the two teams
- Participate in special projects/fraud investigations as necessary
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 1+ years of experience with internal or external auditing, operations, accounting, or business analysis
- Ability to travel 15%
- Professional designation, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, PMP, LOMA, FLMI
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data, recognizing assumptions, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions
- Knowledge of Integrated Framework of Control (IFC) and/or COSO's Internal Control - Integrated Framework is a plus
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment, manage conflict and embrace change
- Ability to interact with different levels of individuals
- Additional languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese)
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.