IT InternApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: Georgia; Atlanta,Georgia Requisition Number R-89263
Do you want to join a team that helps people protect the things that matter the most to them? Are you interested in discovering how to apply the skills you’re learning in school to solve real-world challenges? Are you looking for a well-rounded experience that enables and encourages continuous learning and participation in corporate social responsibility initiatives?
Assurant is looking for summer 2021 IT Interns! The internship is designed for current students and soon to be college graduates to gain a well-rounded introduction to and experience in Information Technology. The internship will focus on principles of Agile Application Development and will equip you with transferrable skills that can help you anywhere you go.
The program is a paid internship consisting of one semester (12 to 16 weeks) focused in engineering/application development, code quality, and automation. You will be connected with technical and leadership mentors throughout the internship, giving you access to work on the things that you are the most passionate about. You will be engaged in immersive learning experiences, from Dojos to tech talks, with the opportunity to showcase your work with our leadership.
We offer flexible schedules in our 40 hours per week program and a 100% virtual experience this year- don’t worry, we have plans in place to make sure you won’t miss a beat by not being in the office!
We’ll also be on the look-out for individuals who might be a good fit to join us full-time after graduation. We’ll share more throughout the program.
We’ll provide learning opportunities to further your development with concepts to include:
- Plan, Develop, Implement and/or Support applications in various languages and disciplines
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure that development work will meet the needs and expectations of the business
- Research, solve for, and engage others as necessary to develop solutions that will result in the desired business outcome
- Ability to work and think independently to produce working code
- Perform system testing on all code produced to uncover and resolve defects prior to engaging others in evaluating functionality
- Work through and resolve production issues for applications supported by the department or functional area
- Prepare documentation on work produced to ensure a smooth handoff to other developers, as needed
You bring your experience, knowledge & skills:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Project or Team Work
- Presentations & Tech challenges
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to demonstrate logical thinking
- Community Involvement:
- Clubs or troops
- Volunteering engagements
- Community support
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Information Systems or a related program at an accredited university.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.