Large Loss Claims ExaminerApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89334
Assurant is seeking a Large Loss Claims Examiner with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
Manages a high volume of moderate losses and/or complex claim activity. Investigates, adjusts and settles claims of moderate to high complexity. Represents the Company on complex or escalated claim files with a focus on large losses and represented files, utilizing advanced investigative skills to adjust and negotiate claim settlements with a high degree of accuracy.
This is a remote position
- Manage a high volume of moderate losses and/or complex claim activity. Investigate, adjust and settle claims of moderate to high complexity within a pre- determined authority level.
- Represents the Company on complex or escalated claim files with a focus on large losses and represented files, utilizing advanced investigative skills to adjust and negotiate claim settlements with a high degree of accuracy.
- Document damage/losses and prepare & review written cost estimates.
- Document claim transactions and prepare and forward internal reports as needed.
- Complete residential or mobile home claim settlement by reaching agreements with insured, claimants, and their representatives up to specified authority.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills by attending workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Exercise strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Use expert problem-solving skills and negotiation techniques to achieve accurate settlement outcomes.
- Support Catastrophe operations as assigned
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree; 3 or more years of property claims adjusting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert level knowledge of the construction industry, processes, materials, pricing, estimating techniques and platforms (Xactware)
- Expert problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong investigative research abilities
- Strong organizational, planning and scheduling skills
- Strong attention to detail and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask while working independently
- Expert level knowledge of construction industry, processes and materials and pricing.
- Ability to mediate disagreements and resolve differences of opinion to achieve positive outcomes.
- AIC Designation
- CPCU Designation
- Xactimate Level 3 Certification
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.