Manager, Property and Casualty ClaimsApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56290
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any applicable cost/fees will be provided.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.