Multi-lines Underwriter - RemoteApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: United States Remote Requisition Number R-87881
As a Multi-line Underwriter, you will be underwriting applications with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis. Your role will be to support Assurant's growing Global Housing product lines, and help us determine whether to accept modify or decline a risk through a careful evaluation of information pertinent to the decision. We are seeking individuals who are naturally able to analyze problems and make decisions, as well as plan and organize effectively. If you are looking for growth opportunity, to be able to work within a collaborative team environment, to help make an impact within a Fortune 500 company, and more, this would be a great fit for you!
What you'll do:
- Determine whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through the evaluation of information pertinent to the decision.
- Analyze data to determine benefits and rates.
- Contact with others to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Contact with Department of Insurance.
- Create or review rating materials for accuracy.
- Reply to Department of Insurance complaints.
- Assist on information needed for Market conduct and compliance requests.
- Implement Company Moratoriums.
- Communicate program changes to clients via bulletins, and/or review and recommend policy language changes.
What you bring:
- 2 years or more of experience in underwriting or in a P&C insurance industry position.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience with internet, Microsoft products; Outlook, Word, Excel, Dynamics CRM.
- Applies and develops basic skills to procedures for the position.
Travel Requirement: 10%
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.