Senior Catastrophe AnalystApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: United States Remote Requisition Number R-87955
The Sr Catastrophe Analyst at Assurant is responsible to support all catastrophe risk modeling, both domestic and international to evaluate Assurant catastrophe exposure to support internal/external risk monitoring and reporting. The successful candidates will assist with the cat program placements, reinsurance cost allocation, catastrophe exposure projection for plan and placement purposes, regulatory/rating agencies’ surveys/reports for various insurance legal entities and participating/leading the transformation of existing processes to more technology driven processes.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and conduct catastrophe modeling activities for multiple lines of business
- Prepare exposure data for analysis
- Model complex property risk exposures using AIR and (RMS or IF) technology platforms
- Complete Catastrophe exposure projections for plan and placements proposes
- Analyze changes in exposure and associated impact on modeled results
- Assist reinsurance purchase decision making via quantitative cost/risk analysis
- Use stochastic modeling software to generate alternative views of risk
- Minimum 5 years catastrophe modeling experience with major catastrophe models, using RMS and/or AIR models and/or IF with in-depth knowledge of the underlying model methodologies and assumptions
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, with advanced proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Practical experience with data analysis/clean-up/validation and proven analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with simulation platforms (such as ReMetrica) is critical
- Expertise of both insurance and reinsurance terminology and principals a must
- Strong skills in databases (e.g. SQL-Server) and automation through programming (e.g. SQL, VBA) as well as fluency with MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate well with others externally and internally. Well-rounded communication skills and prior experience interfacing with clients and senior stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments, work well with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically as well as work independently and take initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other similarly quantitative or analytically-oriented major preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Experience managing projects and leading (or managing) others
- Understanding of programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, VBA, SAS, C++
- Data Visualization experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Industry designation such as ARe, ARM, CPCU, CCRA, CCM/CEEM, etc.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.