Sr Microsoft Solution Architect (Azure)Apply Requisition Number 52321
The purpose of the Solution Architecture (SA) function at Assurant is to provide leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy.
- Solution Design (25%): The Senior SA interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
- Solution Communication and Documentation (10%): The Senior SA provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Technology Leadership (25%): The Senior SA ensures that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC while working iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions.
- Technology Research (10%): The Senior SA conducts research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives in the context of assigned work efforts.
- Architecture Evolution (10%): The Senior SA reviews the current technology architecture landscape and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments. In the context of specific project efforts the Senior SA works with line management in establishing technical directions and strategies that ensure cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
- Definition of Solution Architecture Best Practices (10%): The Senior SA supports the team in the development of best practices, documentation templates and process and workflow to optimize delivery.
- Mentoring and Support for Team Members (5%): The Senior SA supports the team through mentoring and ongoing guidance for fellow team members.
- Prioritization and Management of the Team’s Business Line Portfolio (5%): The Senior SA works with business and technology management to help manage and prioritize the team’s engagement with a specific business line or area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 7+ years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology stacks such as Microsoft .NET and on-premise Azure based tools.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing automated software products cloud or hybrid cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies in a Microsoft-based environment
- 2+ years experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools and experience leveraging these tools with the Microsoft stack
- 3+ years of experience in an Agile environment
- 4+ years of experience as a Solutions or Enterprise Architect
- Experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience in designing automated CI/CD Pipelines
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.