Sr. Software Engineer (.NET Core)Apply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-87186
Looking for a great place to work where professional and personal growth are encouraged and promoted? Looking for a place where you can have impact either by bringing heavily used systems into the modern era or creating new exciting applications for everyone to see. Assurant needs talented engineers ready to design the architecture of our future. Are you ready?
The Sr .NET Software Engineer will work closely with our product teams to create APIs and web applications to serve customers with an engaging, dynamic user experience. We are looking for people with expertise in .NET Core and Angular 6+. Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and desktop clients
- Work closely with client developers to architect high-throughput systems
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Evaluate technical capabilities, options and strategies
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Rotating on call support
- 5+ years of experience with .NET with C#
- 2+ years of .NET Core experience
- 1+ years of Angular 6+ experience
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience with SQL Server, other relational database engines and relational database design
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Ability to demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions, pair programming exercises, and architectural designs
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience with .NET Core with C# expertise
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Fabric, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- Estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Advanced programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum best practice processes and techniques
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within areas of technical specialty
- Experience with TDD/BDD frameworks
- Knowledge of concepts, tools and processes used for estimating, tracking, managing and reporting work
- Experience in client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object-Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.