Staff AccountantApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-87876
Exciting opportunity for Staff Accountant at Assurant!
This position will ensure and provide accurate and timely financial information to support both Segment and Corporate management. You will have the opportunity to cultivate a continuous improvement culture and participate in ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced F&A shared services environment. The ideal candidate will contribute to the Shared Service strategy and execution by applying their knowledge and experience.
- Interacts and provides assistance for accounting and reporting work and activities performed by segment.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business segments and stakeholders.
- Assists in monitoring key performance indicators.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls including SOX and MAR.
- Ensures team meets all deadlines and deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Remains committed to continuous learning, a continuous improvement culture and to developing best practice solutions.
- Fosters open communication and innovative thinking.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of financial practices, statutory accounting a plus.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to influence peers within AFS, segment and overseas partners.
- Problem solving, attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to work extended hours when needed.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.