Supv, P&C ClaimsApply Requisition Number 49105
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a team of associates focused on making a difference by helping our customers get their lives back in order following a property damage or loss? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where we work together to meet our customer’s expectations for service?
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Assurant claims processes
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Assurant P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Minimum one year supervisory/management or team lead experience
- Demonstrated capacity to mentor and lead others
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.