Systems Development ManagerApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-83319
The Systems Manager will lead the application development team to deliver technical solutions for one of our top growing lines of business. This application helps to “Protect what matter the most” for our partners and customers. The manager will work with our International clients, business partners, management and other IT groups for Assurant.
- International support of Assurant’s clients, which includes working nontraditional hours.
- Manages and lead the activities of applications development personnel for large and small projects, or a department activity.
- Is responsible for quality assurance of the resource deliverables and methodology compliance.
- Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.). Guides, coaches and develops staff.
- Controls revenues and/or expenses within operating unit and responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives.
- Provides input to policy level direction regarding standards, budget constraints, etc.
- Collaborate, and communicate with the other groups internally and externally.
- Performs audits and reviews of project deliverables for completeness.
- Monitors and supports on-call team as needed and assures system availability to meet SLAs.
- Proactively address any risk on projects to avoid becoming an issue.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc
- 7+ years of experience in information technology
- 4+ years of leadership experience within a software development team
- 4+ years as a software developer working with .NET, C#, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with web application, and micro services design
- Experience in influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities, demands, projects and resources at a time
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and systems
- 7 years of experience managing software development teams
- Multi-lingual is a plus
- Working with International business
Broad knowledge and experience managing team using distributed technologies including but not limited to
Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET .NET Framework 3.5 & higher, IIS 7.0 and higher
Source control tool – TFS
Reporting tool – SSRS and SharePoint
Database technology including Oracle 12c and SQL server 2014 and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.