Teacher AideApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number 56410
Do you enjoy working with infants and young children and thrive on having every day be different? Here at Assurant's Child's Place, we are asking you to become an involved and active participant in caring for our most precious commodity - our children.
- Assist teachers and assistant teachers in offering a caring, safe, clean and nurturing environment
- Assist the staff with daily duties such as serving snacks/lunches, diapering and cleaning
- Assist with classroom and playground activities when needed
- Maintain schedules and procedures as posted in each room and to help the children with self-control and to behave appropriately by using good classroom management, positive discipline and role modeling techniques
- Provide daily feedback to assistant teacher or head teacher regarding special requests/instructions from parents, and all behavioral, developmental or health changes observed in the children
- Completing incident/accident reports
- Completion of 45-hour DCF certificate within 90 days of employment
- Complete a minimum of ten hours of yearly in-service training
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, or crawl
- A 45-hour DCF certificate
- Related work experience in childcare or early childhood education
- First aid and CPR training
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This position will be Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.