Teacher Aide - Assurant Day CareApply Requisition Number 52346
Do you enjoy working with infants and young children and thrive on having every day be different? Here at Assurant's Child's Place, we are asking you to become an involved and active participant in caring for our most precious commodity - our children.
- Assist teachers and assistant teachers in offering a caring, safe, clean and nurturing environment
- Assist the staff with daily duties such as serving snacks/lunches, diapering and cleaning
- Assist with classroom and playground activities when needed
- Maintain schedules and procedures as posted in each room and to help the children with self-control and to behave appropriately by using good classroom management, positive discipline and role modeling techniques
- Provide daily feedback to assistant teacher or head teacher regarding special requests/instructions from parents, and all behavioral, developmental or health changes observed in the children
- Completing incident/accident reports
- Completion of 45-hour DCF certificate within 90 days of employment
- Complete a minimum of ten hours of yearly in-service training
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, or crawl
- A 45-hour DCF certificate
- Related work experience in childcare or early childhood education
- First aid and CPR training
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This position will be Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.