Technical Compliance AnalystApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-83393
The Compliance Technical Analyst is responsible for the strategic development and maintenance across systems to ensure company compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements for Assurant’s varied businesses. The Compliance Technical Analyst works to analyze, design, test, implement, improve and/or support multiple applications. In this role, the Compliance Technical Analyst will manage different projects through various stages of development, while serving as the liaison with Assurant’s Legal/Compliance teams and Assurant Corporate Technology. The job responsibilities will include directing new and complex requirements at the Global and International level; to develop new processes, improve existing processes utilizing technology and risk assessments on compliance gaps, policies, communication, and training on any legal exposure to Assurant and its underwriting companies.
This role will also support the Compliance Data Analytics Specialists and creates the projects and system requirements necessary to build the State of Compliance LCGA Dashboards.
25% - Reporting
- Analyze data and processes to understand business requirements and processes to provide the best reporting solutions for operation and quality assurance.
- Responsible for analyzing all assigned report requests sent to the Technical Reporting Team. This requires a deep understanding of Assurant’s processes, products, businesses and systems.
- Coordinate with Assurant's internal teams to identify potential issues with data and report integrity for compliance requirements.
- Develops, and maintains advanced queries utilizing multi reporting tools for in-house as well as external use. Reports are utilized by clients and employees and cover the following functions/subjects: finance and budgeting/forecasts, actuarial, market conducts, corporate reports that determine Assurant ratings, tax reporting, and quality assurance.
- Produce accurate, consistent and timely reporting by extracting information from several applications and systems, manipulating data and developing user-friendly final outputs using Excel, sub-reports, multiple parameters, advanced formulas, etc.
- Creates and maintains databases and management reports; analyzes and interprets data to identify anomalies, trends, and opportunities for improvements.
25% - System Support
- Analyzes, gather, and document requirements based on business goals for all compliance groups.
- Responsible for resolving production/staging issues, and support system upgrades to all our users.
- Completes periodic quality assurance measures on system processes, while being responsible for maintenance of system files and tables and troubleshooting issues.
- Conducts system testing, prepare test plans, coordinate user testing for system implementations, upgrades and/or product changes.
- Acts as a liaison between the legal/compliance areas, Assurant Corporate Technology department and external vendors/parties.
- Provides guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and delivering such training.
- Provide technical assistance for underlying business needs from ambiguous requests by using different tools, techniques, and applications we support.
- Research, report and implement fixes or workarounds for low complexity problems.
20% - Process Implementation and Improvement
- Seeks out potential compliance risks and implements processes to mitigate exposure.
- Responsible for the research, development, creation, documentation, quality assurance, and completion of processes. Test controls within the business processes ensuring their operating effectively.
- Plays a critical role in assisting legal/compliance areas in their ongoing process improvement strategies, while recommending enhancements that promote efficiencies, compliance and growth by partnering with management.
- Execute process improvement solutions to business problems, using data analysis, and optimization tools to support strategic process improvement plans.
- Maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, to make effective decisions, and communicate actions to a large audience.
20% - Project Management
- Manages subcomponents of assigned projects or work initiatives. Carries out specific tasks and activities within prescribed timeframes that support project plans, deliverables and initiatives.
- Conduct status meetings and deliver status reports to cross functional teams.
- Continuously refining and improving compliance strategies, pointing out opportunities for process efficiency.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects of diverse scope across functional areas.
- Assess, manage, resolve and escalate (if necessary) risks and issues.
- Analyzes risks, conceptualizes remedies, implements projects, creates processes to manage those projects, and institutes controls to ensure risks have been alleviated.
- Conduct data management and analysis of compliance data, including but not limited to, research, development, and testing dashboards for risk assessment and monitoring.
- Builds a relationship with various levels of business leaders/managers.
10% - Data Visualization / Data Analytics and building Dashboards.
- Gather, analyze data using a broad set of analytical tools and techniques to develop quantitative and qualitative business insights and improve decision-making
- Create proof-of-concept solutions to communicate analytics developed by the data scientist.
- Compile analytical and statistical reports as needed.
- Ability to data mine, extrapolate data, and use independent judgment to find correlation of data, document findings, and create corresponding reports, graph/charts, PPT decks, and other visual aids.
- Assist in building compliance Dashboards.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or 6 years of field experience.
- 6 years of enterprise-level reporting experience.
- 2 years of data analysis experience.
- 2 years IT system support experience including project planning and tracking, risk and issue identification, and testing methodologies.
- 4 years of experience supporting technical systems.
- 4 years of process conceptualization, development, and implementation.
- 4 years of advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter.
- 2 years of SQL experience.
- 2 years of SSRS reporting experience.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.