Training SpecialistApply Location Miami, Florida Requisition Number R-90151
The Training Specialist plans, organizes, and delivers a wide range of training programs for new hires and existing employees that incorporate work processes and procedures, product, systems, sales and customer service either face-to-face or via webinar. Participates in the analysis of the employee’s specific training needs to make recommendations for developing new programs and on-the-job specific refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their job skills. Additionally, will evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that the training the employee groups receive helps the organization meet its strategic business goals and achieve results. Requires moderate judgment and close supervision. The position reports directly to the Supervisor or Manager of Client Training Services. This position is temporarily remote and will eventually sit in our Miami office.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Program Support and Maintenance
Under the guidance of Supervisor/Manager, develops programs that align to business priorities by:
- Participating in needs assessments and gathering data to establish project scope and timelines; analyzing audience to determine best/new training strategy/tools through focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Identifying content and learning material to develop programs that align to client specifications.
- Assisting Supervisor/Manager to determine baseline for length of training to ensure employees have sufficient time to learn the information correctly.
- Developing or assisting in the development of course curriculum (scripting, lesson plans, job aids, activities, PowerPoints) for product knowledge, systems, and customer service, and implementing by due date.
- Implementing improvements in current processes and procedures to ensure training curriculum is up to date and reflects Business strategy.
- Processing content changes to Knowledgebases and submitting request to eLearning Developer for large code updates.
- Ensuring adherence to legal, branding and compliance/regularly guidelines and/or other standards used throughout the enterprise.
- Informing Supervisor/Manager immediately upon learning of issues that may impact their effectiveness.
- Participating and assisting in peer review process and piloting of new material.
- Listening and evaluating calls to help determine the development of refresher training classes and the need to coach employees based on results of evaluation.
- Spending at least four hours per month taking calls.
- Facilitates training for internal and external customers. This includes, but not limited to, new hire training, Webinars, departmental workshops, and refresher workshops.
- Conducts product, system, customer service and sales training.
- Assists in new client program launches.
- Facilitates RAMP week activities and coordinates with Quality Assurance and other areas to ensure call center agents are ready to successfully transition to the floor.
- Provides “on-the-floor” support after program launches to ensure agents have the necessary support and guidance.
- Maintains close contact with call center supervisors and managers to anticipate needs and make recommendations for additional training support.
- Completes all training as assigned by specified dates and achieves satisfactory feedback from participants.
- Coordinates class schedules with appropriate parties.
- Orders supplies for classes prior to start date.
- Ensures classroom equipment is tested and working properly prior to class start date.
- Conducts online surveys for courses.
- Maintains training records to include all attendance and system issues.
- Records all test scores within one week of class completion.
- Stays abreast of campaign changes and alerts Managers to ensure that training is alignment with client’s policies and guidelines.
- Consistently models core competency behaviors.
- Informs customers of unavoidable delays.
- Ensures that work requests are documented, tracked, stored, maintained, and archived in accordance with company policy.
- Enters project time into tracking system daily.
- Maintains product knowledge and always keeps current with processes and procedures.
- Participates in all learning events conducted by the Client Training Services team.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development using external/on-line resources.
- One to two years facilitation experience in customer service and systems or related area.
- One to two years call center experience or related area.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of compositions, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills and techniques / proactive problem solving.
- Ability to multitask, including managing multiple complex projects.
- Active listening, and organizational skills.
- Ability to observe, receive and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- AA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years basic support of eLearning development programs using Articulate Suite.
- Strong implementation project management skills.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the function or similar activity outside the organization.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.