Automated Payments AssociateApply Location Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire Requisition Number R-86973
Automated Payment Associate (5 months Fixed Term Contract), Mitcheldean
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
The purpose of the role is to accountable for the Automated BACS functions within the business, ensuring payment files are scheduled to transmit correctly and promptly via the Automated Bacs Payment Solution and within the guidelines and rules set out in the Bacs Service User Manual.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Production of the Daily Balance Report, any overdrawn accounts need to be identified and reported to the Treasury Manager.
- Ensure all Automated Bacs files are sent correctly and promptly and ensuring issues are communicated at the earliest opportunity
- Monitor Automated Payments Inbox
- Process unpaid direct debits and direct credits UK and Europe
- Manage indemnity claims
- Liaise with relevant teams with Chargeback queries
- Download Bacs Reports from Bacs website and distribute to all interested parties
- Setup and amend dealer mandates on In house systems
- Merchant maintenance on In house systems
- Service User Number maintenance on In house systems
- Upload Sepa Files for approval
- Ad-hoc Automated Cheque Production
- Maintain Bacs contact Records
- Ad hoc queries from Operations and Finance
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good analytical skills
- Systematic approach
- Excellent Excel skills
- Microsoft Word
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.