AVP, CommunicationApply Requisition Number 51629
Reporting directly to the SVP, Enterprise Communication, the AVP, Communication serves as leader of Assurant’s Functional Communication planning and execution. Responsible for managing and executing company-wide, strategic internal communication plans and employee-facing campaigns for each of Assurant’s global functional areas and their leaders and respective teams.
This role oversees a team and is focused on ensuring that Assurant’s employee base – from front-line employees through to the Assurant Leadership Team – are engaged and informed about – and aligned with – the overarching strategy of the company, and specifically, the execution and support of those strategic priorities by our functions. The AVP will be responsible for the development and execution of communication plans to deliver against those priorities with broad employee impact and/or strategic significance, through a variety of employee communication channels, including our company intranet social media (Yammer), video and other relevant in-person meetings, e.g. our all-employee town hall.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and continually enhance Assurant’s primary company-wide functional communication through internal/employee communication channels.
- Supervise and direct team of functional communication leads.
- Oversee change management communication.
- Set strategies to drive employee engagement through communication.
- Interface with external communication leads to ensure any external, reputation-building efforts are aligned.
- Manage oversight of the (internal) editorial calendar, theming content –and where appropriate, aligning with external communication efforts to ensure consistency and alignment of messaging.
- Maintain responsibility of any written communication and internal-facing news stories on a variety of topics, relevant to our functional teams and in turn our employee base.
- Collaborate with teams across other functional and Business segments to drive relevant messages from their organizations into companywide channels.
- Execute employee communication strategies and campaigns that inform, engage and align employees with Assurant’s strategy and business priorities.
- Partner with IT and others on plans to develop a more current and robust intranet platform and/or other ways to share/distribute information internally.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communication.
- 10 years of corporate employee/functional communication, with at least 3 years in a management/leadership capacity.
- Understanding of employee communication strategies, tactics and channels.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex business and financial information, including excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience managing a company’s intranet.
- Organized, deadline-driven and capable of managing multiple priorities and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management, strategic planning and decision-making skills.
- Research capabilities and ability to form rich information networks.
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment, across matrixed organizations.
- Ability to work unpredictable hours if/when necessary as well as be available for travel.
- Experience collaborating with and advising senior leaders on communication strategies.
- Experience working with external vendors, including freelance writers.
- Ability to treat confidential or sensitive material appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate “seat-at-the-table” presence with senior level executives.
- Ability to translate overarching functional goals into directive, strategic communication plans.
- Ability to develop and execute employee communication plans to help meet business objectives.
- Ability to assess and interpret facts and trends to develop and synthesize key messages into written materials.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in ways that inform, persuade and engage target audiences, including excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in insurance/financial services industry.
- SharePoint experience.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.