Credit AnalystApply Requisition Number 52657
This position offers the unique opportunity to align yourself with a Fortune 500 organization that has a passion for excellence, executes with urgency, and embraces change.
The Credit Analyst works within our Fixed Income Asset Management group and will be responsible for underwriting new investment grade, leveraged loan and high yield investments and monitoring existing portfolio holdings across a number of industries. The analyst should possess a deep understanding of their coverage universe and will work closely with the portfolio management team to identify potential investment opportunities. Components of this analysis will include: identifying industry trends and their respective impact on existing investments, analyzing the company’s financial statements, review of earnings and news releases, capital structure analysis, credit agreement and bond indenture document analysis, and meeting with company’s senior management at conferences, bank meetings and road shows. The credit analyst will be responsible for providing written and verbal updates and recommendations on all new and existing portfolio holdings.
- Recommending investments for inclusion in the investment portfolio
- Assessment of a security’s relative value
- Providing industry expertise across a number of different sectors
- Reviewing existing portfolio for appropriateness of credit exposures
- Communicating credit views
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, including experience analyzing high yield and investment grade investment opportunities and a strong understanding of credit, fixed income, and capital markets
- Formal credit training at a buy side or sell side firm
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work in both a team and autonomous environment
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.