Director HR M&AApply Location New York, New York Additional Locations: Georgia; Atlanta,Georgia Requisition Number R-87819
As the Director, HR of Mergers & Acquisition (M&A), you will be an integral piece of the Global HR team and will be the designated HR resource for all mergers and acquisitions. You will leverage strong HR operations as well as business partner experience and will be responsible for successfully managing all HR related due diligence matters and integration. You will function as the HR mergers and acquisition lead, the individual will be involved in project planning (pre and post-acquisition), partnering with members of the deal team to raise any due diligence HR compliance issues, HR COE leaders, Finance, Legal and other functions on aspects of the deal (from concept to integration). During periods of light acquisition activity, this position will assist on HR projects and operational process improvement efforts that are key priorities for Global HR.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic, passionate about safety, security and resiliency and driving a company’s culture
- You love advising and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make impactful decisions
- You are naturally comfortable exercising discretion
- You have a reputation for excellence, integrity, and practice “Uncommon Thinking”
- You have superior relationship- building skills and can adapt to multiple audiences, including executive leadership
- You are an innovative thinker who anticipates and solves problems
- You want a company who has Innovation, Flexibility, Transparency, Customer Insights and values our people
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- We have #1 and #2 market leadership position in all our areas of focus
- Competitive salary, Medical and Dental day one of employment and matching 401k after 30 days
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Develop HR best practices on processes that will be utilized during all merger and/or acquisition initiatives and divestitures, both domestic and international, continuously improving the deal execution and integration processes.
- Serves as HR lead on M&A team meetings and partners with Global HR organization and HR Centers of Excellence on due diligence and analysis to ensure all HR efforts are coordinated and operational HR risks are identified and addressed during due diligence and integration
- Provide expertise, strategic consulting as well as thought leadership to help drive effective people strategies for each deal and influence deal negotiations accordingly.
- Serves as a liaison to ensure smooth integration of mergers and acquisitions into the organization, providing valuable insight on integration of HR processes and practices, including but not limited to organizational design, compensation and benefits.
- Analyze target company data to identify key HR-related financial exposures in a due diligence context, including those related to compensation and benefits plans.
- Provide assistance in managing projects and supporting HR initiatives designed to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Global HR Team, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, data analytics and HR operations.
- Leadership of others through project management activities.
What you will need
- 7 years of Human Resource experience
- 3 years’ experience within Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in HR or similar field.
- Demonstrated minimum of 3 years project/program management experience as well as
- 20% Travel possible
Desired experience, skills or knowledge
- Expertise in acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, recruiting, HR generalist, and or compensation/stock programs preferred.
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- Completion of formal project management training.
- Strong written and verbal communications and strong presentation skills.
- Experience reviewing HR policy and benefits documents
- Incumbent must have strong cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with Assurant senior leadership as well as represent Assurant to external company senior management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Have the ability to perform in an ambiguous environment and make decisions in short timeframes.
- Individual must possess the confidence to respond quickly in unfamiliar situations and rely on both data as well as judgment to help navigate the fast moving M&A environment. Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle difficult and complex negotiations with external contacts, including international audiences
- Strong MS Office skills
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.