ERP - General Ledger Functional AnalystApply Location New York, New York Additional Locations: Atlanta,Georgia; Chicago,Illinois; Miami,Florida; Woodbury,Minnesota Requisition Number R-86712
Assurant is embarking on a multi-year, multi-phase financial systems and process transformation program.The General Ledger Functional Analyst will be an important Finance and Accounting resource on the team that will be implementing the General Ledger and Consolidations/Equitizations components of Assurant’s implementation of a market-leading cloud ERP solution and associated financial systems architecture as part of a multi-phased transformation program.
The individual in this role will use their prior accounting skills, knowledge and prior experiences to work with their team to implement key accounting functions/processes in a new ERP platform.This individual will also help identify, make recommendations, and support efforts to migrate current accounting processes to the leading practices facilitated by having a modern ERP system.
Initially, the individual in this role will be providing functional and financial process support to the implementation of the new platform and best practice processes.In the future, this role will then assume responsibility for providing the ongoing support of and implementing enhancements to the general ledger and related functions, with a focus on continuously identifying, recommending, and executing on opportunities to better streamline and gain efficiencies in the Finance function through leveraging the investment we have made in a new systems platform.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Participate in and effectively collaborate with team in efforts within Finance and Accounting to design and implement best practice GL, Consolidation, Equitization, and Financial Reporting & Analytics processes in a leading cloud ERP solution
- Help to identify, recommend, and execute on opportunities to enhance existing accounting, fixed asset, and allocation processes taking into consideration the requirements of the overall Global Finance organization
- Leverage prior Accounting and Finance experiences and expertise to identify, propose, and implement automated solutions and reduce reliance on manual processes, with a focus on prioritizing the remediation of those processes that currently have the most risk and/or inefficiency
- Help support efforts to educate business process owners on solution optimization, simplification and standardization capabilities within the new platform through the reference of prior experiences and other relevant use cases
- Work closely and collaborate with key Finance and Accounting stakeholders, team members, IT, and third-party consulting resources across various locations to test, implement, and support a global financial systems platform, with responsibility for supporting specific components of the General Ledger workstream of the overall program
- Work with stakeholder areas to understand functional requirements for each area and then work with team to implement functional and process solutions in the new tool, while ensuring those requirements are properly understood and communicated to overall program team
- Work with team to determine how to best implement functional requirements in financial systems architecture
- Work with team to develop creative solutions to effectively meet complex business requirements using delivered optimum functionality
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure proposed system design, configuration and functionality complies with core control and audit requirements
- Ensure program deliverables are completed in accordance with established timelines
- Support communication and training activities associated with areas of responsibility
- Escalate issues and open items to workstream lead, as appropriate
- Effectively collaborate with other team members, key resources, and stakeholders
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent area of study
- CPA and/or MBA Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years prior financial accounting/auditing and financial systems experience
- Prior experience in working with and/or implementing automated general ledger, consolidations, fixed assets and allocation processes and automated solutions in a complex, global organization
- Strong knowledge of general ledger and consolidation accounting principles
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, and Planning/Forecasting Processes
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in designing and implementing Finance and Accounting process and workflows
- Experience in supporting technology initiatives from a Finance and Accounting perspective
- Experience in leveraging technology to improve finance processes and supporting technology initiatives from a finance perspective
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Understanding and experience with international regulatory reporting a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in handling and effectively prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and establish relationships
- Experience in working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with different stakeholders
- Advance proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio
- Prior experience in the insurance/financial services industry a plus
- Previous experience on transformation projects a plus
Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.