Senior Credit AnalystApply Location New York, New York Requisition Number R-57412
Assurant is seeking a Senior Credit Analyst to join the investment management team in New York, responsible for management of approximately $15 billion AUM. The Senior Analyst will join a team of analysts that supports the company’s internal loan, high yield and investment grade bond portfolios including the growing collateralized loan obligation (CLO) platform of Assurant Investment Management. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a credit analyst role preferably with direct experience with stressed/distressed investing and/or restructurings.
The analyst should possess a deep understanding of their coverage universe and will work closely with the portfolio managers, Director of Research, and traders to identify potential investment opportunities. Components of this analysis will include: identifying industry trends and their respective impact on existing investments, analyzing the company’s financial statements, review of earnings and news releases, capital structure analysis, credit agreement and bond indenture document analysis, and meeting with company’s senior management at conferences, bank meetings and high yield road shows. The credit analyst will be responsible for providing written and verbal updates and recommendations on all new and existing portfolio holdings.
- Recommendation of investments for inclusion in portfolio
- Assessment of a security’s relative value
- Review of existing portfolio holdings for appropriateness of exposure
- Communication of investment views
- BA/BS required. MBA/CFA preferred.
- 7 years relevant experience required, 10 years preferred
Other requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Experience analyzing high yield and leveraged loan investment opportunities
- Formal credit training at a buy side or sell side firm preferred
- Direct experience with stressed/distressed investing, restructuring, and workouts preferred
- Strong understanding of credit, fixed income, and capital markets
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong credit and analytical skills
- Self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work in both a team and autonomous environment
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities
- Ability to problem solve, provide new ideas and suggestions
- Ability to handle pressure and work with a sense of urgency
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.