Strategic Communication ManagerApply Location New York, New York Requisition Number 56395
Responsible for supporting Finance (50%) and Strategy (35%) Risk (15%).
- Advises and aligns Finance, Strategy and Risk leaders on communication approaches.
- Defines proactive communication objectives associated with each area and program.
- Measures effectiveness and progress toward achieving communication objectives.
- Navigates and plans for information that is often uncertain or nuanced.
- Creates highly-integrated, audience and outcome-based communication strategies leveraging company channels including the intranet, town halls, email and face-to-face.
- Supports major change communication efforts related to Finance processes, systems and facility changes related to sites.
- Designs approaches to enhance the way we communicate the company’s performance.
- Develops messaging and plans that drive alignment within and across areas of Finance.
- Develops recommendations and plans to drive awareness of strategic direction and Assurant investments.
- Uses the communication support model to guide recommendations for communication planning and development.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communication.
- Minimum Experience: 7+ years of corporate employee/functional communications.
- Experience in insurance/financial services industry desired.
- Ability to assess information to inform outcome-oriented communication plans.
- Ability to diagnose situations and make recommendations for how communication can solve a challenge or advance a strategic initiative.
- Ability to think and plan in the context of broader company priorities and direction.
- Plans communication in the context of short and long-term change outcomes and through the phases of change.
- Takes an audience-based approach to planning for communication.
- Relationally-driven approach to understand client needs and brings forth communication advice and plans based on those needs / challenges.
- Earns a seat at the table with relevant MCOM and other leadership and teams.
- Ability to diagnose and get to the root of an issue or situation.
- Ability to assess and interpret facts and trends to develop and synthesize key messages into written materials.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information in ways that inform, persuade and engage target audiences, including excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.