Trading Systems DeveloperApply Requisition Number 51743
Assurant is hiring for an experienced front office role developing and managing fixed income analytic and trading systems. The individual will play a key role providing technology solutions that support market and security analysis, trading decisions, and portfolio analytics across Assurant’s investment portfolio and CLO platform.
The role will focus primarily on building proprietary tools and applications in fixed income asset classes and derivatives including CLOs, CMBS, agency/non-agency RMBS, and other structured products asset classes.
- Work directly with portfolio managers and traders to understand business needs, develop project plans, and design, test, implement, and revise solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Apply business knowledge in developing tools for CLO, CMBS, RMBS and other fixed income structured product analytics and cash flow modelling
- Utilize essential technologies such as C++, Python, SQL, Scala, and VBA in agile software development
- Develop big data solutions using Amazon AWS (RDS/Redshift, EMR/Spark, Kinesis)
- Improve workflow, build new applications, and improve efficiencies
- Integrate proprietary and third party data into portfolio management tools
- Work with internal technology teams to test and deploy solutions
- Additional ad hoc projects
- Diploma / GED. Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a database developer/designer or software engineer/developer role, (C++, Python, SQL, Scala, VB)
- 1+ years of experience in front office investment application development
1+ years of experience with fixed income structured products including CLO, CMBS, RMBS, and others
- 1+ years of experience with with industry tools such as Intex Calc and Intex API, Bloomberg, and Yieldbook or other fixed income analytic systems
- Limited travel required
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or information systems
- Experience and knowledge of derivatives including CDS, swaps, swaptions, and options
- Business knowledge of securitized product modeling, including collateral, cash flow, prepayment modeling, and risk measures
- Amazon RDS/Redshift experience including database design and implementation experience
- Visual Studio / .NET development experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including advanced Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) skills
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) tools
- Experience working closely with investment professionals at all levels
- CFA a plus
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and faced paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team but also understand instructions quickly and work independently.
- Organizational skills and flexibility in handling multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Ability to problem solve, provide new ideas and suggestions.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Diagnose issues, mitigate risk and make recommendations toward process improvements
- Aptitude in leadership
As a covered person of a registered investment advisor the position will require adherence to policies including, but not limited to, a code of ethics and personal trading policy.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.