VP, Portfolio Manager / TraderApply Location New York, New York Requisition Number R-57310
The VP, Portfolio Manager / Trader will be responsible for maintaining and implementing the Core Fixed Income investment strategy across Assurant’s $14 billion investment portfolio.
Responsibilities will include setting Core Fixed Income investment strategy consistent with the firm’s goals, executing upon strategy in concert with traders, and remaining knowledgeable on market activity. The PM/Trader will serve as a primary point of contact for the dealer community and the internal investment team, requiring exceptional communication skills. Primary responsibility will be within the investment grade credit space, however the PM/Trader will be part of the senior investment team and will contribute to the investment process across structured products and the leveraged finance markets.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Maintain and execute on Core Fixed Income investment strategy in concert with the Assurant investment team (40%)
- Independently develop individual security and thematic investment opportunities for presentation to portfolio managers (15%)
- Prepare materials and presentations related to trade activity and market conditions, and write regular market commentary (15%)
- Providing market color and insight to others within the asset management group (15%)
- Apply broad range of skills to ad hoc requests within the broad asset management context, assisting across functional areas (15%)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years relevant work experience with at least 5 years as a portfolio manager
Other requirements and preferred qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage against varied mandates, preferably both insurance and total return oriented
- Deep knowledge of credit markets with established relationships and market presence
- Knowledge of structured products including MBS and CLOs considered a positive
- Knowledge of derivatives markets including futures, forwards, options, credit derivatives, and/or swaptions considered a positive
- Ability to establish and effectively communicate market color, positioning, and trade opinions, and experience presenting analysis to a variety of constituencies
- Demonstrated financial analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience with fixed income analytics such as Yieldbook and Intex
- Extremely organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
- Ability to accurately manage multiple projects and workflows
- Knowledge of and passion for investing and global markets
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.