Insurance Specialist IApply Requisition Number 51640
Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers.Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $32 billion in assets and $10 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/.
As an Insurance Specialist, you'll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem solving ability to efficiently and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. Assurant Specialty Property is looking for an energetic person who will be responsible for providing exceptional front line customer service to our policyholders and clients. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment, this is the career for you!
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries in a high volume inbound call center environment via telephone or in writing. This position will receive 70 to 100 calls per day.
- Supporting processing functions such as issuing insurance policies, certificates, endorsements, and cancellations for clients, customers, and agents.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving customer and client processing problems or errors that include department premium discrepancies and system problems.
- Communicating with external clients as well as internal departments.
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- 1 year customer service experience in a high call volume environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs and basic data entry skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work Saturdays as needed.
- Property and Casualty knowledge and/or agency experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License.
- Call center experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates must be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages.
**This position has the opportunity to work from home after 6 months of successful performance in the role.**
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.