Repair TechnicianApply Requisition Number R-88669
Are you looking for an opportunity with a company that cares and promotes from within?
Are you a tech-savvy individual? Do you enjoy fixing or working with cell phone components and hardware?
Even with the pandemic, Assurant is continuing to interview and hire! We are taking extra measures to keep everyone safe through the pandemic. We are looking for Repair Technicians who will inspect, refurbish, test, troubleshoot and program electronic equipment.
Hours of operation for our Repair Center is Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, We are looking for individuals who are flexible to working anytime during the hours of operation.
Assurant Location: 310 Brunel Rd, Mississauga, ON L4Z2C2, Canada
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective devices
- Perform electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Perform repetitive electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Must be able to perform component level and board repairs
- Identify and report root cause deficiencies
- Identify and report routine process deficiencies
- Test, repair and troubleshoot devices to isolate root cause
- Perform soldering and resoldering using handheld soldering and hot air equipment
- Work with care and urgency to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Use a computer to enter data into the company database
- Attention to detail and mechanical aptitude is required.
- Physically move material as needed
Ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-year experience with troubleshooting and repairing mobile devices and other handheld devices/ electronics or
- Knowledge of mobile devices and operating systems
- Strong teamwork and collaborations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn
What we offer:
- Medical Benefits
- Career Advancement opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.