Customer Care Associate
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Care AssociateApply Requisition Number R-88049
As a Claims Service Representative, you’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work; as you review, research, and process claim payments to funeral homes or beneficiaries after a loved one has passed. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. In this role, you will also handle in bound phone calls from funeral homes and loved ones requesting claim status or reporting a passing; as well as, insured’s wishing to cash in or cancel their policies.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm MT. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Review, research, and analyze claim paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing payments.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (20-60 per day)
- Communicate through correspondence with team members and funeral homes regarding claim payment or required information using clear, simple language to ensure understanding.
- Processes cancellation requests.
- Research aged claims for proof of passing.
- Sets up and assign new policy numbers on older business.
- Requests medical records from doctor’s offices.
- Compares at need to preneed funeral contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to process a claim.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic insurance knowledge helpful but not necessary
Department & Supervisors:
A Claims Service Representative is a part of the Traditional Claims Department, which is made up of approximately 8-10 team members. The Traditional Claims Department operates under the Preneed Division of Assurant, which is pre-funded funeral arrangements. This department is responsible for anything that terminates a policy or is the end of a life cycle of a policy. This team is led by one Supervisor who reports to the Department Manager.
We recognize our most valuable asset is our employees. As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals that will help us provide the best customer experience and support a thriving business. We provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, and to grow your career.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.