Director, Customer Service & Agency ManagementApply Location Rapid City, South Dakota Requisition Number 56181
The Director, Customer Service & Agency Management will plan, organize, lead, control, and coordinate the customer service and agent management service teams. The Director will work closely with key internal partners and the Assurant Sales team. Works with leadership to implement the vision and looks for opportunities to continually enhance the service strategy in alignment with the changing needs of our business and our customers and implement upgrades, enhancements and/or process improvements as needed.
- Manage day-to-day customer service operations and supporting programs, including internal and external contact center operations.
- Execute successfully including ensuring operational readiness of any upgrades, enhancements and/or process improvements
- Create, developing and coaching high performing service-oriented organizations and employee engagement in order to effectively manage a service organization with minimal voluntary turnover.
- Manage a team of customer service professionals in both a processing, customer contact and agent services environment.
- Manage resources across multiple sites and have proven track record with customer experience and client interaction.
- Responsible for reporting on performance, communicating issues with significant customer impact, and developing business cases for needed resources or investment on a regular and timely basis.
- Contribute to strategic planning efforts for the evolution of the customer service function; includes providing detailed plans and project information with regard to how we will service our customers and internal customers.
- Manage major projects related to program development, workflow design, and re-engineering as necessary, including the initiation and conduct of customer related studies, projects, and surveys.
- Manage and track all aspects of the budget for the contact center operation (including internal and external call centers).
- Select, develop and motivate assigned staff; make timely recommendations and/or decisions on hiring, terminations, and promotions. Provide leadership and direction to build and maintain effective teams.
- Identify strengths and abilities in associates, provide regular feedback, support career planning discussions, and create developmental plans for professional improvement of associates.
- Establish specific work goals to be achieved by direct reports and staff; develop a continuous improvement program for those goals.
- Administer employee performance evaluations.
- Develop and maintain succession plans within assigned work area.
- Keep management and the organization informed on a timely basis of progress, status, concerns and issues pertaining to contact center operations and significant project deliverables or issues.
Required experience, knowledge or skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field
- 5 years related experience managing large team size organization
- 5 years in a managerial position
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking, customer focus and understanding of customer needs.
- Experience and understating of business metrics
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Desired Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience hiring and developing a team of associates
- Hands on experience with Call Center Phone Systems and CRM software
- Proficiency in using Personal Computer, utilizing MS Office, Outlook and/or other Email applications and leveraging MS Excel for analysis and reporting
- In-depth understanding of strategies, objections and customer service techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Successful track record concurrently serving as a Player and Coach
- Insurance agency experience is a plus
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.