Instructional DesignerApply Location Rapid City, South Dakota Requisition Number 56312
As the Instructional Designer, you will serve as an integral member of Global Preneed Operations team, reporting directly to the Manager of Preneed Learning and Development. You will be responsible for consulting with internal stakeholders to recommend learning solutions, designing and developing these solutions to meet and/or accelerate business objectives, and partnering with external vendor partners as needed. You will use your growing knowledge of a variety of learning methodologies, recommending appropriate and innovative solutions, and completing the design and development of all web-based, virtual, on-the-job, and classroom materials.
Learning Needs Analysis
- Work with subject matter experts on defined projects to understand business objectives, determine related learning needs, and recommend learning solutions.
- Consult with subject matter experts to understand business objectives and uncover learning needs
- Advise internal clients on cost-effective methods of training delivery that impact learner performance and, ultimately, business performance
- Complete analyses of learning needs and objectives for the defined project
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) by which to measure project success
- Gain agreement on a learning approach that achieves KPIs and supports and/or accelerates business objectives
- Create learning experiences that support or accelerate business objectives, using a variety of learning methodologies.
- Remain current on existing and emerging learning methodologies and technologies
- Work with subject matter experts to transform knowledge into learning solutions
- Specify learning objectives and design experiences to meet the objectives
- Develop sound training deliverables including design documents, storyboards, job aids, participant and instructor guides, and accompanying materials
- Communicate project status to the project manager and other key stakeholders, ensuring that all deliverable deadlines are met
- Adhere to instructional design standards for the organization
- Provide process improvement recommendations
- Ensure that learning solutions are generating the intended outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the desired business outcomes and training outcomes at the start of a project
- Build a plan into each learning project for evaluating the successful achievement of training outcomes
- Work with internal partners to obtain and report on learning-related data
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years related experience in training and development
- 3 years of instructional design experience in a training and development function, creating multiple types of learning deliverables (instructor-led, web-based, self-paced, collaborative, etc.)
- Advanced degree preferred in adult learning, instructional design or related field 5 years of instructional design experience in a Fortune 500 organization, preferably in the insurance and/or mortgage services industry
- 5 – 7 years in a training and development function
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.