Supv, Policy AdministrationApply Location Rapid City, South Dakota Requisition Number R-83410
The Supervisor, Policy Administration supervises activities in the customer service and claims department. while overseeing the functionality of inbound calls, policy maintenance, and the investigation of insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal, and verifiable damage.
- Supervises, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the provision of services in the area(s) of but not limited to, claim administration, adjudication, compliance, litigation and liability and corporate claims policy.
- Provides guidance and direction to the office (internal) and/or field (external) claims personnel.
- Supervises, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the daily operations of inbound calls while overseeing the process of updating policies per the wishes of the customer.
- Provides guidance and direction to the office (internal) and/or field (external) personnel.
***This position is not limited to one business unit; therefore, the scope of responsibility will be dependent on the needs and requirements of the specific business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinates the workflow of the unit and ensures work is distributed appropriately and that all standards are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Maintains the accuracy of performance reports.
- Ensures complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews and investigations when necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance program for area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluates staff by enforcing schedule adherence and attendance policies.
- Evaluates staff by enforcing productivity standards, conducting quality audits and identifying trends.
- Responsible for resolving non-routine and escalated customer calls.
- Assists with the training of departmental processes and procedures.
- Participates in catastrophe operation duties as assigned.
- Receives and investigates complaints concerning the assigned area of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) assists with corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; 1-3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3+ years of progressively more responsible experience in the area(s) managed.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.